Digital Marketing Apprentice (App645)
Knowle Spring Brewery, Keighley, BD21 1AW
- Closing Date 29th December 2023
- Sector Digital Skills & Media
- Duration 18 months
- Wage £14,000 per annual
As a core member of Timothy Taylor’s marketing team, you will be responsible for developing and growing brand sales, equity, and profitability. Given that the marketing team is small, and the job role is broad and varied, we are looking for an energetic and highly motivated individual who is a real self-starter, enjoys a range of tasks, works well cross-functionally, and is keen to contribute ideas to the annual plan and future strategy.
The Digital Marketing Apprentice will work closely with the Head of Marketing and Senior Brand Manager, the sales team, all other departments within the business, as well as outside agency partners.
Timothy Taylor’s is one of the UK’s oldest family-owned breweries with over 160 years’ heritage of brewing award-winning ales, with their Landlord winning more awards than any other beer, winning both CAMRA Champion Beer of Britain and the Brewing Industry Awards Gold Medal four times. Established in 1858 when Timothy Taylor began brewing in Keighley, the company remains in the family and is the last independent brewery of its type left in West Yorkshire.
Roles & Responsibilities
• Support the Head of Marketing and Senior Brand Manager in communications, agency management, creative development, and execution.
• Assist the Senior Brand Manager in managing our websites, webshop, e-newsletters, and social media channels – both Timothy Taylor’s and our managed pubs.
• Reviewing KPIs to monitor performance and report monthly.
• Ensure content delivery that adheres to our brand positioning, target consumer, and builds the All for that taste of Taylor’s and ‘Taste the storm’ campaigns.
• Activity also needs to comply with legal and industry codes of conduct for responsible marketing of alcohol, plus all GDPR changes.
• Working with the sales team to ensure they have up to date and insightful digital and printed sales support materials that include market information and case studies.
• Working with the pubs team to assist with development and delivery of the marketing plans to support our managed pubs. Key areas include digital marketing, local advertising, competitor research and menu development/design/launch.
• Trade and consumer PR - taking advantage of opportunities and monitoring performance.
• Assist with internal PR, keeping all areas of the business up to date with marketing happenings.
• Assisting the Head of Marketing and Senior Brand Manager, and external partners, to deliver events. This involves some weekend working but time can be taken in lieu.
• Assisting the Administration Assistant, as well as other departments, to develop the Champion Club as an effective and engaging trade loyalty programme alongside driving consumer awareness for what membership stands for.
• Across all areas of responsibility, evaluate activity to draw learnings for continuous improvement.
• You may be asked to pick up further projects as the brand develops and market changes. This job spec is specific to your role within the current marketing mix which may change over time.
• Strong experience of and affinity with social media; someone keen to take a direct, hands-on role in these channels in both publishing and creating content.
• Be able to demonstrate creative, analytical, and strategic skills.
• Demonstrates flexibility and adaptability; not afraid to roll their sleeves up, hands on multi-tasker, happy to work on a range of activities from the relatively basic to the more involved.
• Demonstrates a real passion for brand/s, consumer understanding and innovation.
• Demonstrates strong drive for results.
• Strong relationship builder across internal functions and agency partners.
• Passion for the Timothy Taylor’s brand.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office and experience with marketing software and tools such as Adobe Creative Suite and CRM platforms.
• Comfortable working in a small company environment.
• Able to work regularly from our head office in Keighley, West Yorkshire. Remote working is also available (1 day a week remote working)
Monday-Thursday: 8am-5pm and Friday: 8am-4pm with a lunch break to fit with college requirements
grade 4/C or above in Maths and English
After the term of the apprenticeship, if the qualification has been completed successfully, a full-time position may be available. Would be subject to appraisal of performance.