Caretaker Apprentice (App306)
located near, Bradford, BD5 0NG
- Closing Date 28th June 2021
- Sector Property Maintenance
- Duration 15 months course – 15-month school contract
- Wage £4.30 per hour.
To be responsible for the day to day control of the cleaning, heating, lighting, maintenance and security of All Saints Church of England Primary in order to ensure a safe environment for students, staff, parents and visitors.
TRAINING TO BE PROVIDED
The successful candidate will work towards a level 2 qualification in Property Maintenance.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Ensure your designated cleaning duties are fulfilled and the All Saints Church of England Primary school is a clean and litter-free environment
- Ensure the heating and other general services run smoothly and regular maintenance checks are completed
- Ensure adequate lighting in All Saints Church of England Primary school is maintained and turned on and off daily in line with the school day and activities
- Support with the organisation of parents evening arrangements and other events
- Ensure All Saints Church of England Primary school is kept secure
- Maintain school buildings, fabric, fixtures, fittings and furniture and carry out minor repairs as required
- Carry out portering duties, including portering deliveries / stock, recycling paper and confidential waste, moving furniture, disposing of waste
- Ensure health and safety standards are maintained, and All Saints Church of England Primary school procedures adhered to
- Respond to fire alarms and carry out fire safety checks, alarm tests as directed by the Site Manager
- Carry out weekly, monthly, and annual planned preventative, maintenance checks
- Provide support for risk assessments and audits as required
- Maintain departmental stock levels ensuring timely ordering, issue and distribution of stock (eg. cleaning products, bulbs, paint etc.)
- Carry out routine administrative tasks eg. logging maintenance checks, fire alarm tests etc.
- Operate relevant equipment safely/ICT packages (e.g. MS Office, SIMS, internet, intranet, E-mail, tools and cleaning)
- Maintain and carry out minor repairs to All Saints Church of England Primary school fixtures, fittings and furniture
- Maintain tidy and organised work spaces and storage areas
- Check equipment / machinery used and ensure health and safety guidelines are adhered to
- Provide support to staff as requested and in accordance with own training / skill parameters
- Willing to undertake training as required and assist in training colleagues
- Basic problem solving
- Must be able to perform all duties and responsibilities in work location.
- Knowledge of maintenance tools and techniques
- Understanding of health and safety issues and good practice in relation to caretaking
- Use of general cleaning equipment
- Basic administrative experience including record keeping
- Ability to fulfil all spoken aspects of the role with confidence
- Ability to remain calm under pressure and prioritise demands to meet deadlines
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- Flexible and positive approach to change
- Willing to work as part of a team
- Reliable, approachable and self-motivated
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality and discretion at all times.
- Ability to listen, receive, and carry out instruction.
4 days a week term time in school with one day a week in term time in college. All Year Round position.
A-C grades in Maths and English required.
Potential to develop skills after the apprenticeship and there is the possibility of a permanent role becoming available in the future.