Accounts Administrator Level 3 Apprentice (App 537)
Gibbet Street, Halifax, HX2 0AR
- Closing Date 31st December 9999
- Sector Business and Administration
- Duration 18 – 21 months
- Wage £4.81 ph (£180.35 pw)
A vacancy has arisen in our busy reception/accounts team for an account’s administrator. Assisting the team with admin tasks across the department covering reception, accounts and HR. With this role, the candidate can embark on an optional level 3 NVQ business and administration apprenticeship through Calderdale College.
Structural Steel Fabricator
Roles & Responsibilities
- General reception admin duties, answering telephone, taking messages and passing calls to the relevant person.
- Greeting visitors, signing them in and ensuring they are promptly dealt with
- Signing in delivery drivers and directing them to the relevant delivery bay.
- Printing, filing, scanning emailing and copying.
- Answering email enquiries.
- Processing purchase orders, using the information to cost supplier invoices to the correct project code
- Checking invoices against price lists, resolving invoice queries as they arise.
- Maintaining supplier account details ensuring information is accurate and up to date, verifying addresses and bank details.
- Processing timesheet information from both the factory and office staff, allocating time to projects and tasks accurately to ensure projects run to budget
- Dealing with incoming & outgoing post
- Providing refreshments for visitors and clients
- HR related tasks such as maintaining sickness, absence and holiday information;
- Creating standard letters from templates for recruitment of new roles within the company.
- Assisting with ordering stationery, cleaning equipment and canteen goods.
- Other requests/tasks to ensure the smooth and effective running of the company
- Good computer skills, experience in Word, Excel and Outlook
- Specific accounts software experience is not essential as training will be developed on the job, but an interest in this area will be beneficial to the role.
- Good telephone manner and interpersonal skills
- GCSE level Maths and English
Personal Qualities Required:
Interpersonal skills, with nice telephone manner.
Good computer skills, with an interest in learning about accounts software.
37.5 hours per week
Monday to Friday 8.45am – 5pm (45 minutes for lunch)
4/C or above in Maths and English
To be discussed on completion of apprenticeship.