Supply Chain Warehousing Apprentice (App391)
Corporation Mill, Corporation Street, Sowerby Bridge, HX6 2QQ
- Closing Date 31st December 9999
- Sector Warehousing and Manufacturing
- Duration 15 months
- Wage £4.30 per hour
The Apprentice Stock Controller will be responsible for picking / packing orders and controlling stock. The role will also involve the unpacking and inspection of orders and supporting the Purchasing and Logistics teams with both incoming and outgoing goods. The role entails all physical and administrative areas of stock control and warehousing.
J&C Joel, established in 1978 and now run by the sixth generation of Wheelwrights, is now one of the world’s leading manufacturers of flame retardant fabrics and flooring for the entertainment and event industries – providing theater and stage drapes, cyclorama canvasses, backdrops, bespoke fabric shapes, as well as stage machinery and acoustic solutions.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Develop a sound understanding of the total supply chain function;
- Taking direction from the immediate supervisor/senior operative;
- Using handheld technology for scanning barcodes etc;
- Work in partnership with the Logistics team to ensure customer orders are sent out correctly and on time;
- Picking and packing of orders for deliveries and issuing materials for sales orders;
- Adhering to necessary policies, practices, and procedures at all times;
- Organizing same day deliveries, ensuring overnight carriers are away on time to meet their deadlines;
- Preparing overseas shipments;
- Off-loading large containers and incoming deliveries;
- Carrying out inspections of incoming orders for quality issues;
- Keeping work area clean and tidy;
- Maintaining a high level of H&S standards;
- Carrying out any other ad hoc duties as instructed by line management.
- Good customer service skills (internal).
- Ability to prioritise and work to deadlines.
- Good command of English speaking, writing, and reading.
- Both numeracy and literacy skills at a good level.
- Good problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Adaptable and flexible approach.
- Positive and can-do attitude.
- Prior experience of procurement/stock-control (whilst a bonus) is not required as the Apprentice will be enrolled in an internal training plan led by the Warehouse Manager.
- The apprentice will complete an NVQ Level 2 qualification as part of the apprenticeship.
- Must be willing to attend college courses in line with the apprenticeship.
Monday to Thursday 08:30 – 17:00, Friday 09:00 – 15:00
Total hours per week: 36.25
Monday - Friday
A minimum of A-C GCSE or equivalent in at least two subjects, or willing to work towards as part of apprenticeship.
The opportunity to progress within the business is actively encouraged, and opportunities for further development in Warehousing, Supply Chain or any other relevant areas is available.